• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with doctor

ThePharmacist25

Bluelighter
About 6 months ago my doctor go busted because of his nurse secretary was stealing Rx's and had an OC ring going on; so he was accused of being part of it. He was probably in his late 50's, and I think he just retired with this incident. So he is shut down and for the past 6 months or so I can not find a doctor that was as generous as he was (120 15's a month and 90 diazepam/month).. I do truly need it for the pain and I have seen a few doctors and they need my records, however I sent the money to get my records from the previous doctor and I never got them, then I called and he is no longer offering this. I don't know what to do..

I need these for pain. The combo of Physical Therapy, Shots in my back and shoulder, and pain medication is what I need in totality. The combo works, not one without the rest.. I don't know how to find a doctor that will understand, they all think I am drug seeking or something I am assuming..

Any Advice?

About the only advice one gets on Bluelight in these situations is to communicate your symptoms, what has worked, and what has not. That and pain clinics Anything that seems about manipulating prescribers tends to get closed.

Is a pain clinic available? They can be conservative on traditional pain meds at times but often do have other interventions that end up helping a lot.

I have a chronic pain condition, and from experience I can tell you the best way to handle it is do what they want and follow their treatment and let them realize that it is not helping in due time. I have found it is best to let them be the ones who are in charge and if what they are giving you is truly not working they will see and suggest modifying your course of treatment. The one thing you don't want to be is pushy when it comes to trying to get controlled substances from doctors. I always say play nicey nice so you can feel better and make them feel like they have the power. You know doctors all have a god complex....just feed into that and it will end successfully.

Okay, well first let me say I made a small mistake. I did see a pain clinic and the Doctor gave me steroid injections, however and we talked and she even suggested a low dose Fentanyl Patch or Methadone (low dose), and then I went to pick up my Rx, and stupid me, picked the Pharmacy that I got a Naltrexone Rx from a couple months before when I went to a detox place to get me off Opiates because I just couldn't afford them anymore. The place doesn't use tapers, they just use other meds like: Ambien, Glyccopyrrolate, etc. They treat the WD symptoms. So basically the doctor cancelled my Methadone Rx because the Pharmacy called. Then I just cancelled my next appointment, I know it was stupid, but I didn't know what to say.

So I called and they're allowing me to go back, and make an appointment with the same doctor. Can anyone suggest, honestly, what I could say? I think complete honesty should be the best, I did just use the Detox to get off them because I lost my other doctor and needed to get through WD. She prescribed my Naltrexone and I picked it up, but never used it. I have the entire 30 Tablets left. I think that I should go in and be honest and just tell her that the Patch, Injections, and PT is what works for me. What do you all think? I hope this isn't against the rules really, it's honesty, and looking for help with a serious back condition, a congenital abnormality.

The Dr. is a DO, has anyone dealt with one of these? It's my first in a pain clinic.

Well thanks a lot and I really hope this thread stays open and allows me to seek advice.

Much Appreciated Everyone!

Take Care..

A DO is more holistic and generally doesn't like using meds as much as an MD does. Good luck to you. My bf is dealing with some of the same shit.

if you look for a new doctor disregard everyones reviews on them, just look at their online profile through vitals.com or something, read reviews though most def. some will tell you the truth.